Marissia F1 Team Driver Timo Glock - Image courtesy of Marussia F1 Team, Monster.com and Monster Cool Jobs
// Marussia + Monster = Media Dream Job
Have you been wanting to get closer to the F1 action? Well, then October 26, 2012 could be your lucky day.
The Marussia F1 Team has launched an amazing contest with their partner, Monster.com, where you can compete to win the coveted role of "Social Media Driver." What does a Social Media Driver do, you ask? Oh you know, hang out with the Marissia F1 Team in Austin during the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix, conduct a few interviews, capture on track photography, and access exclusive off-track events. You know, no biggie.
Except that it IS. A. BIG. DEAL!
Share with the world (literally) what you see from on the ground in Austin. Cheer on Marussia F1 Team Drivers Timo Glock and Charles Pic from a whole new angle, like the Marussia F1 garage. See what it takes for Team Principal John Booth to orchestrate an F1 Team and all the science, technology and wizardry that goes along with it. (Not sure if he prefers the title of "Wizard" just yet, but some call him "Sheffield Steel"...)
// How to Enter
The Marussia F1 Team is looking for a US Resident with social media savvy so it should be no surprise that you need to show off your skills in order to enter:
- Complete the entry form by clicking on this link.
- Then, create one or more of the following Submissions to describe your views on why you should be selected as a Marussia F1 Tem Social Media Driver:
- An original video
- An original essay on your personal blog
- An original essay on your personal website
- An original and unique tweet
3. Log onto your Twitter account and post your Submission(s), or a link to your Submission(s), on Twitter using the hashtag #SMDriver
// Follow the Rules
Of course there are official contest rules that we know you will all read in their entirety as any prudent contest applicant would, but here's a quick run down of the highlights:
- Contest started at 12:01 PM EST on 9/5/12
- Contest ends at 11:59 PM EST on 10/10/12 - about 33 days from now so get moving!
- Must be legally and physically residing in one of the 50 United States
- Must be 18 years or older at time of entry (or obtain parent/guardian approval)
- Contest Entrants must be prepared to travel and participate in a trip to the USGP in Austin, Texas November 16-18, 2012 if they are selected as the Winner
- Contest Entrants must use COMPLETELY ORIGINAL CONTENT! This means you can't pull photos, videos, text, music, captions or other data from other sources and use it as your own (cause that's pretty lame, anyway)
1 Grand Prize Winner will receive all this:
- Trip for Winner and a Guest to Austin, Texas for the USGP scheduled for November 16-18, 2012
- Round trip coach class airfare, or ground transportation if the Winner lives within 100 miles of Austin
- $1,050.00 for "Incidentals" (that's a lot of tacos, folks!)
- 2 nights hotel stay for Winner and Guest to sleep (if you find time for that)
- The Winner gets to shadow a Marussia F1 PR Team member for 1 day - this includes on and off track photo and video opps and ability to interview and interact with the fans
- 2 Grandstand tickets for Saturday and Sunday of race weekend (includes shuttle transportation to and from the race, so leave your jet packs at home)
- 1 Marussia F1 Team Garage tour for Winner's Guest
- And they even thought ahead with an additional $1,974.00 check to offset taxes for the Grand Prize! (That's pretty thoughtful)
In addition to the Grand Prize Winner, 100 First Place Prizes will be rewarded with a Marussia F1 Team Bag!
// Stand Out
We're excited to participate as a Judge in this amazing Social Media Driver Contest and here's what we're looking for:
- Ability to show social media savviness
- Passion for the Marussia F1 Team
Go enter NOW at the Marussia F1 Team and Monster Cool Jobs website, where they also have Team video and photos for you as well as additional Marussia F1 Team jobs!